ABRAHAM KENNARD 11928-042                                   FCI MANCHESTER
P.O. BOX 4000
MANCHESTER, KY  40962

VIA- Rome News-Tribune/May 5, 2005

Abraham Kennard, convicted in February of bilking $9 million from 1,600 churches and nonprofit organizations nationwide, was sentenced to 17.5 years in prison today in U.S. District Court in Rome.

Kennard was also ordered to pay $7.9 million in restitution to victims and $598,000 to the Internal Revenue Service.

Kennard was convicted on charges of mail fraud, money laundering, conspiracy to commit money laundering and income tax evasion.

Those charges stem from allegations that Kennard used his company, Network International Investment Corporation, as a vehicle to scam money from churches in 41 states between May 2001 and October 2002.

V IA -Atlanta Journal-Constitution/February 7, 2005

Rome — A federal jury has found Georgia preacher Abraham Kennard guilty of bilking nearly $9 million from more than 1,600 churches in 41 states in just over a year.

The jury, which began deliberating Friday after a three-week trial, found Kennard guilty of all 132 criminal counts — ranging from money laundering to tax evasion to mail fraud.

Kennard, 47, convinced church leaders to invest in his company. Church leaders were assured they would eventually get their money back more than 100 times over — up to $500,000 in a grant or a forgivable loan. What they actually got, prosecutors say, is duped.

During his trial, the government argued Kennard took advantage of the nation’s tight network of black churches to launch a fast-growing pyramid scheme.

Kennard spent hundreds of thousands of dollars renting private jets and limousines as he flew and drove across the country to give presentations to churches and their members, according to federal prosecutors.

The federal government has seized, among other things, 20 cars, including Cadillac Escalades, Cadillac Sevilles, Cadillac Devilles and Mercedes Benzes, plus a Harley Davidson motorcycle and four personal watercraft.

A hearing is being held today to divide the material assets Kennard retained. A sentencing hearing has not been scheduled.

rufusandjenny

About rufusandjenny

No Comments

• Della Smith says:

I’d like to know if this Abraham Kennard is the one who knows Timothy Smith and his wife from Houston. Been to our apt. and prophesied?

• We have no idea if someone visited your house. Feel free to write him and ask.

• JANET MARIE says:

ABRAHAM KENNARD U SHOULD ROTE IN JAIL FOR USING THE LORD’S NAME IN VAIN..

• P. Thomas says:

Yes he should rot in jail…….but oh when that great day comes honey God will be judge and jury…..

• mark kernea says:

let’s don’t forgetthat most of the men in the Bible committed great sins against God.Adam caused all men to fal from God David committed adultery and took a man’s life to cover up his sin petter denied Christ three times and these men went on to do great things. let’s not forget God’s plan of restoration to build people up and not tear them down

• Thus is why you should write some words of encouragement.

• Jonta Carter says:

Cant BELIEVE SOMEONE WOULD DO THESE THIS JUST AIRED ON TV N IT WAS SO SAD TO WATCH HE DID ALL THIS JUST TO LIVE LIKE A KING JUDGE MENT DAY IS ALL I HAVE TO SAY

• S. Thompson says:

I think it’s just deplorable that someone would use God’s name for their own gain. The worst part about it is he didn’t use the money for good, 20 cars. I mean that’s just dumb. Not smart at all, so hopefully he will use this time in prison to think about how to live a scam free life. How to be an upstanding citizen, and hope evil doesn’t come to him for doing what he did. That goes for all con artists.

• Leotis williams says:

How effin stupid were his”victims”????

• virginia says:

He used a lot of people took me to Atlanta to get holy field

• virginia says:

To bad he won’t meet his son

• virginia says:

Mark that true your his brother

• virginia says:

• Brian Boggs says:

I knew Abraham really well he was a dear friend. I wish someone could act like a Christian here and stop with the hate. Not everyone has a 100% negative motive. The prosperity gospel has nothing to do or is never taught from the book of Timothy I’m sick of this shit. No one will ever look at the good stuff the man did, they just want to punish him and the rest of the world for what they are not willing to deal with inside themselves. Yes my name is Brian yes I’m willing to speak with anyone.

• Brian Boggs says:

Wow are you a Christian ????

• Brian Boggs says:

There is a Seperation between church and state by the way. The law makes those calls

• Brian Boggs says:

This man was my pastor and, my friend. He helped me in a true time of need so I will not join the witch hunt against him. I shall always hold his Influence dear to my heart. Jesus taught us a much different parable in a situation like this, I shall hold onto those principles.

• Jesus says:

Stupid, greedy Christians, they got shafted by another stupid greedy Christian.

• Realist says:

I’m surprised you didn’t go down with those that met with their death in Jonestown. Your words suggest that you’ll drink the koolaid offered up by any crook.

• Timothy Leonard says:

Hmmmm I’m reading these comments and it is very sad, we all have made bad choices in life, we can say our sin is not as bad as Mr.Kennards but it still is wrong, and it sent Jesus to the Cross, yes Mr.Kennard should be punished, but as my big mama use to tell me baby what is done in the dark will eventually be brought to the light. We all have skeletons we don’t want others to know. Ijs

• Pierre Smith says:

What this person did was try to sell something he knew he couldn’t deliver to those gullible enough to believe him (when you’re very religious, you’re very gullible!) , and use proceeds from these actions to fund his desire for toys and assorted paraphernilia. Those that try to defend his actions in such a clearly fraudulent scheme are not very bright…

• Mary says:

Where is the video of your repentance? Where did you publically apologize to the body for this scam? How do you defend your actions. I ENCOURAGE you to repent and spend your life paying back the debt you owe.

• Chalmers says:

You are so correct. King David, a man after Gods own heart did commit adultery and MURDER. Remember when God called him out on it. Then after he repented, God restored him. After he fasted he still took his son, BUT gave him another son. Then after that God gave him The Promise, Jesus Christ who was born through his bloodline.
    We must never judge anyone who has fallen, if you do, the door opens and judgement walks into your own life. Happens every single time so be careful about pointing the finger at your brothers or sisters who fall, be very careful. God is not a man and he will not be mocked. He guards over his word so it goes forth to do what it says. He will take care of those who fall. You leave them to God and guard your own tongue.

• Chris says:

Hello Brian…..

I ask your help in finding a safe way to contact this pastors sister. I simply want to offer comfort and support in her losses in this tragedy.

Chris Cunning ham

• Sharon Diggs says:

Preach Brother Timothy

• Cheryl Gourdine says:

I would just like to tell this pastor’s sister to hold on to God’s unchanging hand. The Word says that when your mother and father forsake you, then the Lord will take you up. I know your family has turned against you and it hurts, but you are not alone. I will be praying for you.

• Beverly says:

I agree that these great men of God sinned, but let’s not leave out that these great men of God also suffered greatly because of their sins. Sin not only affects the person but it affects others(their family) & their family’s future. God is merciful and he is definitely a God of another chance & many chances(a God of love, God of mercy). David repented for his sins(a man after God’s own heart). He committed what most would say a major sin(adultery & murder), BUT he repented. We can write Mr Kennard and ask him if repented? Did he acknowledge his sin. Because you cannot change what you don’t acknowledge. If he has truly repented, then God will restore him(a God of restoration). Let us pray for Mr Kennard. Let us most definitely pray for the victims of his scam that they will forgive him so that God will restore what was taken way from them.

• Brian Boggs says:

This is Brian Boggs still waiting on my pastor. 747 to heaven y’all

• Eln wlms says:

Saw this on American Greed..what he needs is a good kick in the ass by a member from each church he scammed..from these comments once relieved he’ll have support to scam more gullible people..
    Yes we all sin but there’s a difference in a sin and a crime..